GTEC Holdings Ltd.
GTEC Cannabis Co is a specialized cannabis company which produces and markets premium cannabis products. The Company has four licensed and operational assets and is currently distributing cannabis through medical and recreational sales channels. GTEC’s brand portfolio includes: BLK MKT™, Tenzo™, GreenTec™, Cognōscente™ and Treehugger™. The Company owns licensed facilities in BC, Alberta and Ontario. GTEC is a publicly traded corporation (TSV-V: GTEC) with a headquarters in Kelowna, British Columbia.
The Corporate Accountant / Controller is responsible for producing complete, timely and accurate financial information for the company. Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Accountant has overall responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the company. This role will be based in Kelowna, BC.
- Manage core financial operations including: A/P, A/R, inventory / biological assets, payroll, accruals / journal entries, cash / banking;
- Support various Health Canada reporting requirements;
- Develop cost standards around inventory and biological assets;
- Design, implement and monitor internal controls;
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts, working collaboratively with other departments;
- Conduct financial analyses that provide insight into the operations of the business;
- Manage monthly consolidated financial statement close process following IFRS;
- Assist CFO with preparation of quarterly financial information required for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee;
- Assist CFO during the annual audit process performed by the company’s external auditors;
- Participate in due diligence activities associated with mergers, acquisitions & divestitures;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CFO from time to time.
- CPA/CA required with 5-10 years accounting experience at one of the big four firms or equivalent;
- Experience with IFRS and public company reporting;
- Experience in accounting for inventory and COGS;
- Experience in consolidation accounting within a multi-organization structure;
- Strong knowledge of Sage, excel and other related platforms;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience managing, coaching and developing staff;
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization;
- Integrity, with the ability to handle confidential information;
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail and accuracy.