GTEC Holdings Ltd. (TSX-V: ‘GTEC’) is a Kelowna-based cannabis company dedicated to cultivating premium quality cannabis in purpose-built indoor facilities. GTEC products are marketed and sold under its flagship trademarked brands: BLK MKT™, Tenzo™, GreenTec™, Cognōscente™ and Treehugger™. The Company is actively pursuing sales and distribution opportunities across all major business channels: medical, recreational, B2B and export.
3PL Ventures Inc. is a partially-owned subsidiary of GTEC based in Vernon, B.C. 3PL is currently in the process of obtaining licensing from Health Canada. The 3PL facility is capable of producing approximately 6,000 kg of cannabis flower per annum.
You will be based in Vernon, B.C. and report to the General Manager. As the Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting at 3PL. Initially you will be a ‘one-person team’ responsible to:
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financing reporting.
- Provide monthly reports to Health Canada and CRA (excise tax).
- Develop, coordinate and review budgets.
- Participate in financial audits.
- Maintain SAGE accounting system.
- Maintain inventory tracking systems (e.g. BioTrack).
- Develop & implement internal controls.
- Maintain open communication with the parent companies.
- Minimum 5 years managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- CPA, with CA legacy designation, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- IFRS proficiency, and deep understanding of consolidation accounting of multiple operating subsidiaries for financial reporting purposes.
- SAGE 50 implementation and proficient knowledge of both SAGE 50 and SAGE 300.
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Experience in a manufacturing business with activity based project costing.
- Cannabis industry experience would be an asset.
- Merger and acquisition experience would be valuable.